Following the developments in the past week regarding coronavirus and the advice issued by the UK Government and the Public Health England, Goodwood has taken the decision to postpone the Festival of Speed presented by Mastercard, until later this year.
Scheduled to take place on July 9th-12th, Goodwood is currently exploring potential alternative dates for late summer or early autumn.
The Duke of Richmond, owner of the Goodwood Estate, said: “Over the last few weeks, we have been working together with everyone involved to understand the viability of the Festival of Speed going ahead in July. Due to the uncertainty of the coronavirus threat and not knowing whether the situation will have significantly improved by then, we sadly need to postpone the Festival of Speed in July.
“These are dramatic and unbelievable times but they will pass and we are already trying to think about just how exciting it’s going to be to welcome you all back to Goodwood for what perhaps might be the ‘Greatest Event Ever”.
Plans for the Goodwood Revival are also currently under review, with the Goodwood Road racing Club hopeful that event will be able to go ahead as planned on September 11-13th. A new date for the postponed 78th Members’ Meeting is also being reviewed. Tickets for already purchased are currently valid for the rearranged dates of that event.